Wednesday, March 24, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Fun

Just bear with me I am a month behind on my blogging, either because life was to hectic or too fun. I want my blog book to be complete so here we go. I am going to try to get all caught up this weekend.
So I am in need of finding a new addiction. Being a shopaholic isn't going to workout financially anymore, so I am going to try to become a great cook. Now don't get me wrong I will still shop just not as much.................at least that's my goal. Good luck with that I know (both the becoming a great cook and the no shopping)!
This St. Patrick's Day we were going to be camping so the week before I planned our St. Patrick's Day Dinner. I made these caraway scones, which my family loved. I even took some to my parents as I need people to be my guinea pigs and they loved them as well. For dessert we had blarney stones which is a cake I made from scratch frosted then rolled in peanuts and I drizzled chocolate and Carmel over the top to make them look fancy. They were a big hit! This glazed corned beef was DELICIOUS and mouth watering. We will add this to our normal menu for sure. I made the Best-Ever Potato Soup. Justin even liked it more than he does his mom's which means a lot because she is a wonderful cook. But maybe he was just looking to get luck with that comment I don't know. This was a delicious Irish themed dinner and everyone liked it...........even the kiddos.
I decided to give the kids teachers and aides a little blarney stone Irish treat because we love them all.
Justin is amazing! We call him Jingling Justin because he can make up the BEST little poems. I just tell him what I need it for and in 15 to 20 minutes he has one ready for me. He made up this little jingle to go along with the St. Patrick's Day treats for the kids teachers. It turned out so dang cute!
What a guy to be able to make up jingles in minutes!
Doesn't that look YUMMY!

No comments: