Monday, January 2, 2012

Chicken Chase

These post are way out of order but I wanted to add them none the less so bare with me :)
Okay so it's not called the "Chicken Chase" it's the Turkey Trot. But all morning long on Thanksgiving day, Logan was upset because Kiersten was getting to come run with me and he wasn't. He kept calling it the "chicken chase."
It was so funny.............actually kinda catchy. I think around Easter we should do a 5K Chicken Chase! What do you think? I was so excited that Kiersten wanted to join me for the 5K Turkey Trot. She was thrilled that I would let her............crazy girl of course I would let her!
I did however keep telling her that if she couldn't run the whole time and keep up with me that it was okay to stop. I told her that there would be plenty of nice people walking so there was nothing to be worried about. I really thought she would have to walk at some point.
A boy was I WRONG..........she not only ran the whole 3.2 miles but she BEAT ME!!!
She was amazing!
At the last stretch, Kiersten said she could see the finish line and decided to sprint as fast as she could. After she crossed the finish line a lady, that was right behind her in the race, came up to her and told her that............she, the lady, was a cyclist and had been in many different athletic competitions. Through all those competitions the lady said she had never seen such dedication. She was so impressed with Kiersten............she went on to tell her what an amazing person she was and that she would be an amazing athlete one day!
Kiersten was just beaming with joy when I made it to her...........almost 2 minutes later.
I am so impressed with Kiersten's drive and determination.............she is amazing!
She took 5th place in her age group 9-13 year olds with a time of 25:41. Keep in mind the four people that beat her were all 13 years old......she is 10.
Even though Kiersten beat me I was happy with my time of 27:36..............it was 2 minutes faster then my last years time. Plus I hadn't been able to sleep very good the night before and had woken up at 1:30 a.m. and never gone back to sleep. I was crazy tired before I ever got to the Chicken Chase....he, he. So to run the whole thing and beat my time made me extremely happy!
Our wonderful friends, Mac and JP Pryor, joined us as well. It is our tradition and I love it!
Way to go guys!
What a great way to start Thanksgiving day!
Our Thanksgiving this year was at our house. All my family came with the exception of the Chicago gang. We had a wonderful time, eating delicious food and enjoying every ones company. I didn't take any pictures but it was a gorgeous day and we had a fabulous time.
Because we started building our play house the annual tradition of going shooting guns was postponed. Hunter was the most bummed about this but very understanding as everyone is ecstatic about this play house.
We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: