Friday, January 6, 2012

"It's Like Having a Toy On Your Foot!"

Logan's kindergarten homework for over Christmas break was to learn to tie his shoes. To be honest, when I read that I thought to myself.............I have so much planned for our break and that's not on my list. So note to self, only send Logan to school with non tying shoes after the break!
It was Tuesday the day before the kids were to return to school and I decided I should at least attempt to show Logan how to tie his shoes. That way when he returned to school he would at least tell his teacher that yes his mommy had tried to teach him to tie his shoes.
So I spent maybe a minute, showed him twice how you tie your shoe and BOOM he could tie his shoe all on his own!
I could not believe it!
It was so easy and he actually tied them quite well...........making sure to make the "bunny ears" the same size and everything. He was thrilled with his new found talent..........and so will Mrs. Willis, his teacher and Miss Erica, his aide. What a smart kid! Later on that day, after Logan had tied, untied and retied his shoes many, many times he said, "Mom this is like having a toy on your foot!" I love his perspective. He insisted on walking into his class the following day with his shoes untied. He showed Miss Willis immediately his new talent. Hey when you are in Kindergarten tying your shoes should be considered a talent!

No comments: