Monday, January 2, 2012

It FINALLY happened...........so worth the wait!

Last year Justin's parents decided to draw family names and each family was to give the other a gift of time. We got the Player family and decided that we wanted to take them to a hotel here in Safford and enjoy some time in the winter swimming.
Well between Logan getting his tonsils removed and breaking his arm there were no longer any winter days left. I really didn't want to do it in the summer because it wouldn't be as fun. I mean my kids swam every day of the summer right in our own pool.
So FINALLY, in the month of December we found a weekend that worked for everyone and we took everyone to The Quality Inn.
When my kids opened up that days door on our advent calendar and read what we were going to do I believe it was better then Christmas morning. Check-in time could not come soon enough I tell you! My little point and shoot camera was having a hard time capturing the motion...........guess there just wasn't enough light. But the kids loved jumping on the beds at the hotel. I don't always let them do this sort of thing but I guess I was feeling fun this day! They were so excited! Hunter, Mr. Grant, Kiersten and Hanna.
Kiersten had Hanna over to play this day and I let her come for a few hours to swim with us. They were both so excited! It's a pretty fun thing to be swimming when it is freezing outside. And boy had it been cold lately, which made this even more fun! Logie Bear striking me a pose! Matt, Maddie, Maliya and Hunter We all met at the hotel around 3:00.........check in time............Justin came about 6:00 and joined us. I just adore and love these little people! They are my life and I am loving it! We swam that night for a few hours, then ate pizza and then took all the kids to watch the movie, "Puss In Boots." It was a funny movie and we all had fun. The next morning we ate breakfast there at the hotel and then swam, swam and swam some more. Check out time was at noon and we swam as much as we could. The pool water was heated but still a tad bit cool....................it did not seem to even phase the kids. I swam quite a bit on Saturday and it wasn't that cold once you were in it. Mr. Grant enjoyed the royal treatment being pushed around in his floaty. My kids were just thrilled beyond words to be getting to swim! I think we should do this every winter!!! I just love these two silly boys! And of course this little monster!
Oh how I LOVED the hot tub!
And the kids were pretty happy about it as well. It was really big which made it nice.
Maddie was so fun.......she kept making me pretend birthday cakes and we would sing Happy Birthday and then pretend to blow out the candles before we "ate" the cake.
So fun spending time with the Player's!
Maliya was just too cute and happy the whole time.
I love just doing something out the ordinary and doing fun things with my husband and kiddos.
If we aren't doing something fun together, I am planning something to do............it's kinda the way I roll!
Not the best picture but Mr. Grant really like getting thrown back and forth.
Gosh I adore Miss Maliya!
She was quite the little fish and she fit right in with all my little fishes!
Mr. Grant just loves the water. It's hard to believe that around this age Logan would put his face in the water and kick. Logan could actually "swim" about 4 feet or so by the age of 2 1/2. He has always been a fish! Mr. Grant is close behind by now quite as happy to put his face in the water.
Hunter was in heaven playing with Uncle Matt. Uncle Matt was so nice and played catch with him a lot. I appreciate the love and kindness Matt showed to Hunter. It's always great when extended family members show so much love to your kids I think. It's like my mom always says, "It takes a village to raise a child!"
What a sweet smile!
Playing catch with Uncle Matt and loving every minute of it!
We sure had a wonderful time swimming, visiting and being with our cousins!
Thanks for joining us for a fun night at the hotel!
We love the Player's!

1 comment:

bonnie said...

My favorite type of getaways are at Hotel's. YOu feel like you have traveled out of town but without spending hours in the car. I need to book us a hotel in Feb or March when you want it to be spring but it is still freezing outside. You are always doing such fun things with your family.