Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Arrow of Light

Logan earned his Webelos badge as well as his Arrow of Light.


Since I had just helped go over the Scout Oath and Scout Law this morning with Logan he definitely knew it the best to repeat it in front of everyone.  I had no idea the boys would be asked to repeat them tonight but man am I glad I reviewed them with Logan this morning.  
He did a wonderful job!!


So basically in all reality, I earned my Webelos and my Arrow of Light......LOL!
It sure takes a lot of mom help to get scout badges.  I would think this was a "dad sport" but in our house it's not.  And I think that is fairly typical.  Unless you just have that one dad that loves scouting.
It is no secret, I DO NOT love scouting!!! But I do love Logan and I want him to succeed at what he is interested in.  So as his mom I will try to be on top of things and help him get things done.  
Right now Logan has a wonderful scout leader, Angela Paull, who really did a lot to make sure all these boys received both awards.  I am so grateful for her and all that she puts in to her calling!
I have experienced the difference between a good scout leader and a not so interested scout leader..........and that difference is HUGE!


So cool that they are awarded the Arrow of Light with such honor.  This is the only cub scout badge that can also be worn on their boy scout uniforms.
Way to go Logan!!!
We are so proud of you!

No comments: