Monday, December 12, 2016

Peppp is here again!


I know some people like to argue weither or not you should have an Elf on the shelf for your kids.  They like to add how materialistic it is and how it takes away from the real meaning of Christmas. And I do get it. 
But for me it's all about finding balance in things. I don't claim to be perfect in any way and I am far from being one of those awesome parents who make every moment a spiritual one. I want to make life as well rounded as it can be. I want to fill my kids memories with the serious stuff, like buying Christmas gift for other children and raking leaves at an elderly persons home. But I also want them to have just simply fun memories and I want them to be able to look back over there childhood and see that we provided both for them. So that's the reason I like the Elf on the shelf, just because it's simply fun and doesn't always serve a purpose doesn't means it's a horrible thing to do. 


In all honesty, I am just a kid at heart. We love the appearance of Peppp. He often does simple things and most of the time he just ends up moving places when he comes back from the North Pole. But sometimes we find him doing silly things.....like drinking orange juice like this. 


I spy Peppp. Do you? 


There he is. He brought us a note and everything! 

 

Even I was surprised to wake up and find Peppp like this!

 

We all loved finding him hiding with the snowmen above the kitchen cabinets. He even had little glasses to be incognito! 
It's been great fun having Peppp visit us. When your teenagers mention to you how much they enjoy finding Peppp each day, that to me means it's a tradition worth having. 
And I have to say sometime teenagers have to be the "helper" when mom falls asleep too early, if you know what I mean. 

No comments: