Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Mazatlan

Today we took a very sketchy boat ride over to Deer Island to do some snorkeling. 

 

I sure love this family of mine!
It was a beautiful warm day on the beach. The kids were all excited to explore the water and beach. So grateful to have this time away as a family! 

 Since the plant is shut down for the holidays it makes Justin's stress level much lower. So that has been super nice!  He has a hard time being away when things are going on back at the office. But he is always such a good sport and he is learning they leave the problems for him to fix when he gets back anyway. So he is working harder at enjoying the moments. He was feeling good the whole week. It was a very nice break! 

 

Someone is FLIPPIN' happy to be here!!!

 

I sure love this guy right here. Depression and all, he amazes me and he works so hard for his family. Thanks for taking us on this trip! 

 

These studs right here came over and gave me a rock massage. They found super smooth rocks they thought would have the perfect stones to massage my back with. They did not disappoint!  Love these handsome boys! 

 

While Justin took his nap, the kids and I explored the island. We had a great time! 

 

The kids found some cool star fish and lots of cool little shells. Man how we love exploring tidepools!!! 

 

Then we made our way back to the mainland and decided why not risk our lives and parasail off the beach in Mazatlan. 

 

It was exhilarating for sure!
This is Kiersten and me. It was surprisingly scarier then I had thought it would be. I think that had to do with the crappy boat that was pulling us and possibly the idea that we had to land on a crowded beach. But what the heck?  You gotta live a little right?!?

 

It ended up that because of the wind, Justin and I had to go with each kid. They couldn't go together. So that meant I got to go twice. YIPPEE!!
 The second time wasn't as scary. At least I knew I could land without killing us. Parasailing was cool and I am so glad we did it, but it wasn't something I will crave doing. 

 

Hunter found not just one but TWO puffy sand dollars. There is most likely a more precise name for them, but I don't know of one. He was so excited with his treasures. Now if we can get them home without them breaking it will be a miracle. 

 

Took a taxi to grab some lunch. It consisted of riding in the back of a small Nissan truck. It was cool!  Our driver played some good American music. So we jammed out and of course the kids loved that. 
I have some fun kids!  Don't get me wrong, they can fight, drive me insane and make me question my abilities as a mother, but dang they are fun! 

 

We had a delicious lunch at El Muchacho Alegre, which was recommended by a local. Yummy seafood. 

 

I really miss Ella Jane!  She would have loved the beach today. And being the wild child that she is, she would have loved parasailing if she had been allowed to do it. 

 

I love a good Restraunt right on the beach!  Little chilly but such a gorgeous view. 
It was a fun filled day in Mazatlan!  

No comments: