Monday, July 16, 2012

Disneyland Trip..... Day Five

We could have been traveling home this day, but because the kids were so good for me on the drive here and on our long days at Disneyland I rewarded them with an extra day of fun.  I told them we could go to the beach again or play at the hotel pool, watch a movie and shop again at Downtown Disney.  
Everyone but Logan voted for the hotel pool and stuff.......Logan really wanted to go back and "surf."



We all enjoyed a little pool time and of course we enjoyed sleeping in!!!



After several hours of pool time we got ready and headed to Downtown Disney


I was sad that this was our last day of vacation and that we would be heading back to reality in 24 hours!
So we tried our best to really enjoy our last minutes!


Logan.......or better known on this trip as
  "Psychotic Soda Boy!"


On this trip there were times that Logan was either tired of walking or he wanted to ride a different ride then the one we were headed to (he really only wanted to ride the fast, scary rides).  He thought if it wasn't a roller coaster that he wouldn't like the ride, when in fact he loved every ride he went on.


So Logan would start to complain a little...........then I would quickly ask him if he wanted a SODA?  I would tell him he could either stop complaining and get a soda or I would take him back to the hotel.


He seriously would do a 180 and start smiling so happy.


"Yes mom I want a soda and I am happy now!"


He probably had three sodas a day, which of course he had to share.  But man did he switch gears as soon as I asked him if he wanted a soda.  So I bribed him with soda to not complain about being tired..........worked like a charm!


It became a huge joke with all of us because of how extreme his mood would change as soon as I mentioned getting him a soda!


Hunter "needs" his own phone!
And after this trip I am starting to agree with him :)
Justin sent us with an extra phone from his office, just in case Katelyn's phone stopped working.  It's a good thing we had this extra phone because her phone ran out of minutes on the first day.
Hunter was so entertained with this phone.  He took pictures of fun things in Disneyland, he loved to call me when we were separated and I know he felt super cool!
He will be getting his own phone I told him!
Just not any time soon..........but when we take another trip I will make sure to borrow one for him to use!



We enjoyed yummy food at the Rain Forest Cafe in Downtown Disney!
I just love my kids!
I was so excited they earned this extra day!
Thanks to my wonderful Mother-in-law for offering to keep Mr. Grant an extra day!



This kids were thrilled to get to take a picture with the parrot!



The boys picked out these fun shirts and hats! 
Don't they look cute..............good thing they worked hard before our trip so they could pay for them!



Hunter loved the Lego store!


After lunch and shopping we went and saw the movie Brave.
We really liked it!  Hunter loved the archery in the movie!



See I wouldn't have this fun picture if Hunter didn't have his own phone on this trip!
Such fun boys.......they just make me so happy!


"Psychotic Soda Boy"

I wish I would have taken video of Logan.........he was so funny about getting a soda.
It seriously made him SUPER HAPPY!
It didn't even have to be caffeinated soda.......really his favorite was orange soda on this trip!



On our way back to the hotel we stopped in honor of Justin at the Cold Stone Creamery right outside of the Disney entrance.  Next time we come to Disneyland Justin said we are staying at the hotel right behind Cold Stone so he can have one for breakfast every morning :) Sounds good to me!

It was hard to say goodbye to California!
The trip home was easy.  
The kids were really good and I can actually use the word "quiet" to describe the long car ride home.
This is what life is all about..........making memories to last a lifetime!

No comments: