Friday, July 6, 2012

"You Finally Took Us!"

We had some late snow at the end of February and the kids were dying to go sledding.  So we finally took them.....I don't think we ever made it up to play in the snow last winter.  How sad is that!



We had some very, very happy kids!



Logan wasn't scared of the steep hills at all.



Smiling and laughing all the way.


If you look close in the air, you can see the snowball Logan threw at me.....
What's up with that dude?



So we were at Twilight Canyon and found some fun sledding places just down the mountain a ways.  I had hiked back up to the truck to get Logan a hot chocolate.  I come back and Justin has started a fire............without anything.



I guess this log was smoldering and so Justin started blowing on it and fanning it.  Sure enough he got it to start a blazing fire in the middle of the snow.
I was so impressed and believe me so were the kids!
They think their Daddy is one Amazing guy......which is fitting because he is!
It was nice to warm up my the fire.
Justin being the Eagle Scout that he is made good and sure that the fire was completely put out before we left.


Going up to the mountains in the snow brings back so many great memories!
We went to Mt. Graham so much with friends in high school and college.  In fact Justin proposed to me up at Columbine on the mountain. So the mountain really is close to my heart.



Hunter was taking our picture and he told us, "Don't you think dad deserves a KISS for making that fire?"
I couldn't agree more!



I love that Logan is in the middle of sledding down the hill, about to hit the jump and he is still looking right at the camera just smiling away.
Hilarious!


My kids were all impressed I remembered the cool whip for the hot chocolate.  Well everyone but Logan.....he hates cool whip.



I just love my kids!
We decided to have Mr. Grant stay with Grammy Boswell....next year for sure we will bring him to the snow!





Kiersten and Hunter went right to work when we first got there to build a snowman!



Doing good.....



Awesome snowman guys!



Logan is obsessed with doing head stands....apparently even in the snow!
He does have amazing balance!



Kiersten is great at them as well!



Love my girl!



Hunter hitting the jump....
I was bummed I took his picture a little too soon.


Now Logan I caught right in mid air.
He loved this picture!
It was a great trip.....we stayed about 6 hours playing in the snow.
I hope to not miss another year of snow with my kids again! This trip was that fun!

No comments: