Friday, July 6, 2012

Easter Time Fun


This was Kiersten and Mr. Grant Easter morning.  It was sad to be away from them and see their sweet faces when they saw what the Easter Bunny had gotten them.  Hunter couldn't believe he got stuff at home as well as in Chicago, where we were staying for Easter. 
I was happy to see some much needed teather balls!


Before the boys and I left for our trip to Chicago, we had our annual glow-in-the-dark  Easter egg hunt.


I love these eggs I found at Target years ago.  You use little black light flashlight and the strip around the eggs light up.  Kids are always excited to count their money!!


The kids look forward to this every year.  I think mostly because it's fun to do in the dark but more importantly the eggs have money in them!!!


So happy and a little richer!

I also love our tradition of teaching the kids the story about Easter using the egg kit I got years ago.  There is a small object in each plastic egg and they all represent a part of the true story of Jesus Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.

I am ever so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  For his atoning sacrifice for me, which allows me the opportunity to repent and one day return to live with my Father in Heaven.  I am thankful to know of Our Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness and to feel of his love.  I want my children to know and feel the love that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father has for each of them.  They know us individually and care about every aspect of our lives.  I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the Easter season.  It is always a sweet reminder of what our Savior has done and continues to do for us all. 

No comments: