Sunday, July 15, 2012

Disneyland Trip Day Two

We were all so excited to have made it to the Magic Kingdom!
This is the first time the kids have been for more then a day at a time and the first time any of us had been right when they opened the park.  I can't believe how many rides you can ride from 8:00-10:30 or so.  It is so worth getting up early for.



It was a wonderful day!  I really did enjoy it and boy did the kids!



One of the reasons I enjoyed it so much was because I had Katelyn with us.  She was wonderful!  She is so fun and easy to talk to.  I loved visiting with her and of course the kids are all in love with her!



I have to tell you we had so many people comment on this backpack.  I wore it most of the time and probably 50 plus people commented on it.  I even had one guy ask if he could buy it off me!  One little boy call it, "the world greatest backpack!"
It was just crazy.....all three days people were telling us how awesome the backpack is.  After hearing how popular it was all my kids decided they wanted one for school this year.  They come in some fun colors............just look it up chasingfireflies.com.  And I can tell you they hold up amazingly well.  Logan used his all school year and it looks brand new!


Logan loved the dinosaur bones on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!
This turned out to be one of Logan's favorite rides!


Looking cute waiting in line.  I was amazed at how short the lines were!  Most of the were 10-20 minutes.  We were smart this year and did the RideMax app........it really helped organize our time.  I think just finding out that Disney will let you use your fast passes ANYTIME after the time posted on it helped a ton!!!
We would ride all the rides we wanted first thing in the morning while there basically wasn't a line at all.  I would get fast passes for rides all morning, all day in fact and then we would spend all evening using up our fast passes.  It was AWESOME!
We never once, all three days, had any one comment on how late we were to use the passes.



This is waiting for the Finding Nemo ride!
You know it's good when your kids comment everyday that they went on every ride they wanted!!



The kids loved having a break over at Tom Sawyer's Island!  We have never had the time to make it over there before.........it was great!  They kids could run and play!


Katelyn was like one of my own kids.  She fit right in with us crazy's!


The kids got to see Mickey's Soundsational Parade for the first time!


We LOVED it, of course!



I think I grinned for three straight days!



The kids love taking their picture here!  Kind of a tradition.....this is only the third time the kids have been to Disneyland.  Well Kiersten and Hunter that is....Logan has only been one other time and that was for one day this past Christmas.  Even though it was summer it was way less packed then at Christmas!



I love that Hunter LOVES stuffed animals.  
The kids have been earning and saving their money for Disneyland for months and months.  It made the shopping so much easier for me because I didn't have to tell them "No."  They could spend their money the way they wanted and once it was gone that was all they got.  Except I do get them two pins from Disneyland to remember the trip.

Hunter decided right away that this Mickey needed to join his collection!
It was super cute!  I love that he annualized why it was good for him to get it and why the other things he looked at weren't the best way to spend his money.  He can have some of the deepest conversations about any thing.............I love his inquisitive mind!


For months we have been saving for this trip.
My friend Wendy and I would make comments to each other and our kids like, "well we can do that, or buy that, but it will mean less churros at Disneyland!
It was a fun way to remind ourselves to save.  It was fun to joke about how many churros we could have each day because we tried to be frugal  prior to the trip.
This was actually my only churro and I actually shared it with Hunter.............guess my churro fund wasn't that great after all....ha, ha.  
But my waist line doesn't need any help that churros can give me so it was all good!



This was the first time the kids did some pin trading.
They thought it was super cool and the people that traded them were great.  They traded the kids way cooler pins then what the kids gave them.  I think they could see the excitement in the kids eyes!



We got awesome seats for Fantasmic!
We found a great spot, Kiersten and I got some yummy soups in bread bowls.  So we ate, then the kids hurried and went on a couple of rides close by while I held our spots.
The kids thought Fantasmic was AMAZING!



We had good seats to see the fireworks from where we were so we just stayed put.  Hunter didn't quite make it through the fireworks.  I love how he is hugging Mickey!



After the fireworks we decided we were still up for more rides and shopping.  So that's just what we did!  The boys are striking a pose outside of Star Tours.



The kids loved Space Mountain.....I love that Kiersten and Hunter are holding hands!
So cute!  It just makes my heart smile to see this picture!



This was actually Justin's birthday.  We had celebrated with a small family party before we left.  But we had Kip surprise Justin with donuts for everyone on his special day!
Love you Babe!  We missed you!



I just had to post both these pictures!


The kids decided we ALL needed to have our hands up!  Amazingly the picture turned out great and you can see every ones faces.
So day one at Disneyland was everything I wanted it to be and more!

No comments: