Monday, July 16, 2012

She's Got the Gift...

Justin inherited a gift from his Nanny....The gift to write poems or jingles.
And Kiersten has inherited the same gift!



On Saturday Kiersten was asking me when I was going to do the laundry.  I usually do it on Mondays..... I asked her, "why she wanted to know?"
She said, "She just wanted to know.  She wanted to learn how to sort the laundry."
A few minutes later she asks me, "If a Ziploc bag is left in someones pocket will is ruin the Ziploc bag and whatever is in the bag?"
I told her, "No....it should be fine but it depends on what is inside the bag."
She left it at that.
Then I showed her how to sort the laundry. She then sorted her laundry and the boys as well.  We started a load and left the rest in piles.
Not much later, I find Kiersten's shorts with a Ziploc bag in the front pocket.



This is what was inside....
a very special Birthday surprise!

She gave me $30...all her money and even better then that was the poem she wrote all by herself!
She had asked Justin many times to help her but he never would.  I would say she didn't need his help anyway!

I was so excited to get this early Birthday gift!  I will be in San Francisco on my birthday with my friend Steph.  We planned a long weekend escape several months ago and it just happened to fall on my birthday.  I hate to not spend my special day with my family.
So thanks Kiersten for making sure I felt loved before I left!
I love you so much!  I could not have asked for a better daughter!  I am so grateful to get to be your mom!

This is what the poem says....

It's your special day
So I gave all this money away.
To someone who's caring 
And sharing her love with me.
Now go and buy something sweet
Because this is your Birthday treat!

Love,
Kiersten

1 comment:

Tifani said...

so neat!!! I love that girl!!! You deserved it.. i love it and I love you!! Happy birthday to one amazing woman!!! i love ya tons!!!