Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Justin!!!

Justin turns 31!

As you can tell he was very excited about his gifts. We got him stuff for his playstation 3, we just got. Really these gifts are more for the kids, but he is a good actor!



The kids hide his presents around the house and loved watching him find them. Wish I would have video taped it because he was pretty hilarious! Kiersten decided that she wanted to take Justin out to dinner for his birthday. She was so excited about it and even wore a new outfit that she had been saving for "something special!" When we were getting ready to go pick up Justin from work (on Friday), Kiersten ran back in the house because she wanted to put on "prettier" ear rings for Justin's birthday dinner! She was so cute about looking good for her daddy!


On Saturday, Justin's actual birthday, we wanted to take out the rail and go explore. So we packed some dinner and off we went. We went up Taylor Canyon! It was so much fun. The kids loved the ride, but loved getting out and playing even more. They picked berries, made a fort, went on a hike, and had a great time as a family!

Kiersten stopped playing long enough for me to snap this picture.


Justin and the kids!


I asked Logan to smile and this is what he did. Two year olds, what can you do with them?

Logan was so happy he just kept jumping over the rocks and singing. He loves to sing, and yey this time it wasn't Jingle Bells!

The kids weren't too happy with me taking their picture. But it's like my sister-in-law says, "too bad I'm the Mom and I WIN!"

Logan loves his goggles! He is so cute with them on! He is starting to really love the rail. We kind of traumatized him at the Dunes in Yuma, so we are trying to take it easy now so he'll like it.


We had a fun time together!

Hunter was so excited to find gun shells. Justin took out the bullets and gun powder. We were surprised that when Justin asked Hunter what the powder was inside he said gun powder.


Hunter always has something in his pocket.............rocks, gun shells, bugs, once it was even a live frog. He was just keeping it in his pocket, how the frog survived was beyond me.

The kids were a little bummed that Justin didn't have any candles. So he did a good job pretending to blow out his fake candles. We decided to make a new dessert instead of typical cake. It is called Strawberry Whipped Sensation........................oh wow was it Divine! I'll have to post the recipe. It was so easy and delicious! It looks so fancy when you cut it into slices.

Justin's Birthday Dessert!




7 comments:

Tifani said...

happy birthday uncle justin we all love you

Swen said...

Hey Guys,
I looked at your blog when you first started it, but it's been awhile. It's so cute! You write way more often than I do; I need to do better. The rail looks like tons of fun! I also tried to see your portrait site, but I couldn't get it to pull up. I'll have to look later. We miss seeing you too.
Take care and hopefully we'll see you next time we're home (which may be in Jan. 2009).

Swen said...

jefe is Swen, but this is actually Jenni :)

Alene said...

Happy BDay Justin!! It looks like a great birthday.

touch of glass said...

You always do fun stuff. We are coming to Safford tomorrow and want to get together. Do you want to come swim Friday or Saturday? If your not careful I might even accidentally leave one of my kids with you! Ha Ha If you will be home we might stop by on our way into town. I have stuff I have to drop off to Jade and I would love to see your house, and you guys of course!

Kristen P. said...

Sounds like a fun Birthday! We need to go out on the rail with you guys sometime. Grab a few 4 wheelers and make a day out of it! We should probably wait till after the baby huh? I didn't think about that one??? LOL

The Parkers said...

Wow, 31. He's an old man. And as I remember, you're only about a month behind him!