Saturday, January 15, 2011

What Fun It Is....

To RIDE!
I just LOVE my Anniversary Gift from Justin.
He got me a Yamaha TTR 125 Dirt bike!
I have to say it is so much harder to ride a dirt bike then a quad..........so I am trying to learn the skills without killing myself! My goal is to be able to ride a wheelie on my dirt bike just like I did on our quad!
The Chicago Cousins are big time dirt bikers too so they brought down 4 of their bikes. Marla rode Rieley's TTR 125 and we went on a Sister's Ride!
Gosh how I LOVE my sister! She is so much fun to visit with and be around. I was thrilled when I found out her and her family would be coming for Christmas and New Years. But when I realized she would be here and we'd be leaving after only a few days with them to drive to Utah for a little Bennion Reunion I was devastated.......and that's not an exaggeration. The kids and I weren't able to go to Chicago during the summer like usual because we couldn't afford it so it had been a year and a half since our kids had been able to see their Chicago Cousins. We decided to talk about it with the kids and even though we really wanted to make the Utah trip and we felt some amount of pressure to go, we decided to make the decision with just our little family.
After discussing all the options we decided Not to make the trip to Utah...........I was so relieved to know I would have that full week with my sister and her sweet family! When I told my mother-in-law she was more then supportive of our decision and that made that difficult decision much easier. Still wishing we could be in two places at once..........we LOVED our time with the Hoyt's!
Watch Out....Look at these Two HOT MOMMA's Ready to RIDE!!! We got the kids this go kart for a Gift To SHARE.............we had already bought it before the Three Gift IDEA. Grampie Boswell found it at a yard sale.......it needed a little work and Grampie got it running good for it's Christmas debut! The kids were THRILLED as you could imagine! Kiersten, Logan and Aubry We really enjoyed riding the trails by Grammie Boswell's house. One day over the break we took a ride up Taylor Canyon....just outside our back yard. We love where we live because there are so many places to ride and you don't have to load up the bikes/quads. Plus we knew we wanted to raise our family in a neighborhood and this place gives us both! We had four quads, two dirt bikes and the rail out on this ride! Can you feel the LOVE from the sign? I drove the rail with all the Hoyt and Cluff little boys. As usual, the rail put Mr. Grant right to sleep! When we got to the end of Taylor Canyon we looked for wood and built a fire. We had brought a picnic lunch. They kids were so excited about the "picnic!" Nice job boys gathering wood! Way to go Carson! I just love this kid............Logan and him had the time of their lives together. Marla said several times that there isn't any other little kid that Carson plays so well with. Logan and Carson are seriously best buddies from the preexistence or something! Hunter enjoying his picnic lunch! Rieley striking a pose. We are excited that Rieley will be coming down for the summer to work for Justin at CKC. He wants to earn money for a car and Justin promised Troy and Marla that he'd give Rieley a job that would ensure or strengthen Rieley's desire to GO TO COLLEGE!! Kiersten and I are hoping we can talk Marla into letting Aubrey come for a couple of weeks this summer as well. Kiersten and Aubrey share the same bond of being the ONLY girls (except for Moms) in their families! Looking Cute Logan! Two Cousins who ADORE each other! The ONLY girls surrounded by SEVEN boys! Our family....minus Mr. Grant, he was still asleep in the rail! I love my family and I love going out riding, be it the rail, the Joyner, quads or dirt bike. I love that we share a hobby with our family! I believe a Family That PLAYS Together Stays Together! And I really LOVE our family hobby! I think every family should find a hobby that fits them and keeps them doing and planning things together. It can't hurt right? My sister Marla and her sweet family also know as "The Chicago Cousins" We really hope we can afford to make it out this summer for a week to visit them!
Mr. Grant woke up and enjoyed the picnic lunch.
These pictures are from another day............Troy's family from Snowflake came into town and wanted to go out riding as well. SO we made the same trip up Taylor Canyon with them. It was great fun! Justin wasn't able to join us as he went into work that day even though he was "suppose" to have the week off. When running your own business you just about have to leave town to actually have a break. Even then you have to turn OFF the cell phone to really be left alone. I missed Justin coming on our day trip with the Hoyt's, but that's life...........it's just part of the package!
After a day of riding, we had homemade green chili (Thank You Dad), home made beans, green corn tamales (Thank You Gloria) and fresh tortillas. The food was yummy and the company was great. We all enjoyed dancing to the Just Dance 2 game on the Wii. It was so much fun!
Check everyone out!
It was fun to watch Colman, Troy's dad out their dancing with everyone. Troy's mom, Nikki also got out there and danced. But man oh man did Marla show us all up! Kiersten said we need to get that game and have a dance off with Marla and Aubrey..............sound like a fun idea to me!

No comments: