Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yummy Treats

When the kids school holiday parties came and I asked them what they wanted to bring........Kiersten and Hunter both responded with......I don't care but can you make something creative?
Yikes........I was hoping for "I want to bring a box of Oreos!"
But I found directions for these adorable pretzel snowmen and then I was excited about making them.
The kids parties ended up being the day after the PTO breakfast with Santa. So long story short I had taken pictures of the school kids with Santa at that breakfast using my green screen. Everything went well........until my computer program CRASHED BEFORE my work had been saved, at 7 p.m. and yes I needed to deliver the prints to the school before early release the next day. So I pulled an all nighter and was able to get the pictures done! I came very close to crying during this process!! Okay around 3 a.m. I had a good cry and a fresh fountain Pepsi and I worked away!!! I also had a hair appointment that I had scheduled for weeks that morning to make things worse. So the morning of the kids parties I explained that I might not be able to bring them the cool pretzel snowmen that together, we had gotten all the stuff for.
I was expecting some degree of disappointment..........but what I got was shocking and wonderful.
Both Kiersten and Hunter said similar things basically saying they understood and if I could just bring them a box of cookies that would be fine. I love it when my kids are understanding and don't throw fits or get an attitude with me.........so when that happens I want to reward them even more..........right? I was so determined to make those dang snowmen pretzels..........not because anyone cared.......but because I knew my kids would appreciate it!
But as luck would have it my hair appointment took much longer then I had planned.............but my ever so sweet mother-in-law seeing all the stuff out for the snowmen asked if she could make them in case I didn't make it back with enough time to make them.
I thought about taking all the credit for the adorable snowmen but decided the kids should know what a wonderful, thoughtful and fun grammie they have.
You should have seen my kids faces when I showed up at the school with the pretzel snowmen..........they were so excited and thanked me a million times! They also called to thank the true hero, Grammie Cluff!
Thank you! You amaze me continually!

No comments: